Barking up the wrong tree

The life and thoughts of the guy who remembers all the wrong things.

Name:
Location: Clemson, South Carolina, United States

I recently graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Civil Engineering. This job market has kept me unemployed so far. I'm a former Marine and a combat veteran. I read a ridiculously large number of webcomics, though I like printed books too. And if you know any good Korean-specific racial slurs, please let me know.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Contradictions

It's strange. I find myself filled with hope for the future. Hope for the successes and pleasures of my life, hope for the joys my children will find in their lives, and the hope that all the things I hate and detest will be swept away by the right and the light.
At the same time I am filled with dread and despair. I am confident that the nation I love, the species I belong to, and the world we all call home will be neutered or destroyed within my lifetime. Dread that within 100 years the ecosystem of my planet will be so ruined that the only hope for survival is something small and far away. That within the next 30 years my nation's economy and freedoms will be nothing more than memory. Dread that my species will crap in our home one too many times and we will all die because of it. Dread that religious fanatics (or 'fundamentalists' as most call themselves) will, in a mistaken attempt to bring about eternal paradise, destroy all the things needed for my hopes to succeed.
It's very confusing inside my head sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home