Barking up the wrong tree

The life and thoughts of the guy who remembers all the wrong things.

Name:
Location: Clemson, South Carolina, United States

I recently graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Civil Engineering. This job market has kept me unemployed so far. I'm a former Marine and a combat veteran. I read a ridiculously large number of webcomics, though I like printed books too. And if you know any good Korean-specific racial slurs, please let me know.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Something I'm probably unqualified to discuss

Serenity comes out Friday. I am excited.
I was not part of the original fan-base of Firefly. When the series aired in 2002 I was either deployed or ignoring television. Though I now have a few regrets on that score, I still think it was the correct decision. In July, the Sci-Fi channel began rerunning the series, and on the advice of my friends and the influence of the film trailers I began watching the episodes. I was intrigued by the pilot, almost lost by the second episode (the Train Job), and entranced by the subsequent episodes. I recently ordered the entire series from Amazon and have been enjoying the episodes immensely, including the Train Job. I am a recent convert of the series but I am as enthused about it as my friends who have loved it since it first aired.
Like all fans, I have my favorite characters, lines, scenes, and episodes; but unlike with most shows I can honestly say that I enjoy every character, scene, line, and episode for their own qualities. Each was well conceived and well executed and I am so pleased to have been able to enjoy them. I am even more pleased that I shall be able to see where one of the major story arcs was going by attending the afore mentioned film.
Bonus: you learn some interesting Chinese cursing from the show. As a former Marine, I appreciate fluent and flexible swearing appropriate to any situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home