Barking up the wrong tree

The life and thoughts of the guy who remembers all the wrong things.

Name:
Location: Clemson, South Carolina, United States

I recently graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Civil Engineering. This job market has kept me unemployed so far. I'm a former Marine and a combat veteran. I read a ridiculously large number of webcomics, though I like printed books too. And if you know any good Korean-specific racial slurs, please let me know.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Reflections on time and it's effects

I think I've been in love before. I'm not certain, since they all seem to have ended, but I was certain at the time. There have been other girls and women, ones I knew I didn't love in the fullest romantic sense but I did care about them. But the big ones always affected me strongly. I would often write down pieces of rambling emotional stuff inspired by these feelings. Some of it would be pretty stuff about how I was made to care and support another and how that made me always happy, knowing she was around and in my life, even when things went badly. Other parts of it would be dark, grim, violent and scary. Being a pack-rat, I kept all of these writings and almost all other things I've written. Elephants...
Anyway, I was looking on my hard drive and I found a file that I'd made to store this stuff about one of the ladies. It was ... interesting to reread it. (For those of you who are readers, when I say 'interesting' I mean in the old Chinese curse way. You may like it, you may hate it, but it is in no way normal.) I didn't really feel what I had when I'd written it, it was more like hearing an echo of those days. Still, looking back I was impressively coherent and honest about it all. If nothing else, I am pleased by that.
Enough maudlin sentiment for one day. Enjoy your MLK weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home