Barking up the wrong tree

The life and thoughts of the guy who remembers all the wrong things.

Name:
Location: Clemson, South Carolina, United States

I recently graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Civil Engineering. This job market has kept me unemployed so far. I'm a former Marine and a combat veteran. I read a ridiculously large number of webcomics, though I like printed books too. And if you know any good Korean-specific racial slurs, please let me know.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Relevance

So, I'm kind of busy right now. I've got tests, quizzes, homework, study session and classes. And all of it's fairly secondary. Instead, my mind is filled with thoughts of my games: my supers are growing and changing in ways that make me proud and satisfied, despite our inability to save a few blocks from super-powered racists; my Iron Heroes are about to save the world or die trying and it makes me warm to know that they've got a good chance; I've just become alpha of my pack and I'm contemplating our next moves, how we'll make them and who I'll rely upon to make sure things get done. Additionally, my spirit is feeling the call to religious investigation. I'm feeling the urge to research and explore the mysteries of the divine and how people perceive them.

It's odd, how what an outsider may consider to be the most important and relevant of my activities (school) is seeming to come up as secondary to my soul. I've got a tentative arrangement with my creator, I'm passing my classes and getting the work done, so my mind and heart feel free to soar in the realms of adventure, fantasy and socialization. It's ... odd but very satisfying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home