Barking up the wrong tree

The life and thoughts of the guy who remembers all the wrong things.

Name:
Location: Clemson, South Carolina, United States

I recently graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Civil Engineering. This job market has kept me unemployed so far. I'm a former Marine and a combat veteran. I read a ridiculously large number of webcomics, though I like printed books too. And if you know any good Korean-specific racial slurs, please let me know.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The nature of deity

"But in the end, God remains God -- this unpredictable, uncontrollable, ever-changing God who has mercy when all others would seek revenge, who loves all that God has made, even those whom the righteous disdain, and who ignores every doctrine and insists on being alive and in love." Tom Ehrich

That seems like a pretty good summation of the God I've found lending aid in my journeys. Despite the faces, limits and restrictions that we religious folk try to impose upon Him, God continues to be God and does what He thinks He should. It's a humbling reminder that we don't and can't understand Him in his fullness, though it doesn't hurt to try.

I felt that it was time to mention it. Possibly because of this comic and what it says about the restrictions that people try to place upon the unrestrainable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home