Barking up the wrong tree

The life and thoughts of the guy who remembers all the wrong things.

Name:
Location: Clemson, South Carolina, United States

I recently graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Civil Engineering. This job market has kept me unemployed so far. I'm a former Marine and a combat veteran. I read a ridiculously large number of webcomics, though I like printed books too. And if you know any good Korean-specific racial slurs, please let me know.

Friday, February 04, 2005

The Future

Well, the state of our Union is apparently perilous. The sunshine and puppies that were supposed to appear as soon as all those filthy homos couldn't marry, and all those evil people couldn't abort those poor little babies, and the good-hearted but oppressed peoples of Iraq held elections, are now being held hostage by the Social Security system.
Bad Social Security! Shame on you.
But stop for a moment and consider, do you really want the people that brought us one of the most f***ing badly planned invasions in the last four decades to plan out the retirement futures of us, our children, grandchildren, and generations unto perpetuity?
I don't. This seems to me as another senseless tactic designed to divert the public's attention from the continual abuse, favoritism, and nepotism that the current administration has used. Not only do they get their followers and their opponents to stand up and argue, very loudly, about the wisdom of an issue, they get to use the successful legislation of it to legally siphon more millions of dollars to their cronies and allies.
I get the feeling that a more corrupt administration has not existed since the days of Andrew Jackson. And that shames me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home